ROLE: Sales Engineer (expansion hire due to company growth)
SOLUTION: data and analytics to help enterprises improve the size and accuracy of their B2C target data; and customer segmentation and lead scoring technologies.
They help their B2C clients assess how much their marketing database supports their objectives, i.e.,
- Is their database big enough?
- Is their database accurate and current enough relative to their target markets?
They also provide best in class technology and data to:
- Scrub and update their clients’ existing data
- Supplement their clients’ databases with additional consumer identity data
Lastly, they provide technology and data to assess the relevance of an inbound consumer inquiry, and the appropriate response relative to urgency, resources, messaging, etc.
COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES: recognized for having the most current, largest, and accurate data set; best in class customer specific data management hygiene and analytic services; high client satisfaction and retention; comprehensive functionality to address several varied needs
- 20+ years in business
- 2000 employees
- Over 700 accounts
- $250m +-
- Sample clients: Google, Ticketmaster, Allstate, Aetna, globally recognized banks, Lenovo, Zappos
- Talented and supportive team members
- Recognized as having the best technology, solutions, and service in the industry
SALES ENGINEERING TEAM SIZE: four, including this new hire and the sales engineering team manager. The team supports 35 sales professionals, including Account Executives (“hunters”) and Account Managers (“farmers”)
OF CONCURRENT SALES CYCLES THE SALES ENGINEER MAY BE INVOLVED: 5 – 10
DEAL SIZE: $100k - $500k
LOCATION: DC, NYC, Chicago, or San Diego; may also consider candidates from Boston, Philly, Miami, or Atlanta
SUPPORT: product management, team manager
COMPENSATION:$90k to $125k base salary, and $105k to $160k on target earnings, competitive benefits
SALES CYCLE: 12 to 18 months
TRAVEL: 5+- trips per month
- Assist Sales in learning prospect needs, and scoping and presenting relevant solutions; demonstrate ROI
- Plan, design, and perform proof-of-concept analysis using prospect or client data to showcase the strengths of the proposed solutions
- Understand competitive landscape to best articulate value relative to competition
- Provide feedback loop to product management, marketing and other internal teams.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a presales or client management/consulting capacity
- Strong presentation skills with experience as a key contributor to both virtual and onsite client meetings.
- Prior CRM and Database Management/Analytics experience required, preferably in consumer marketing applications
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Advanced Degree in Marketing, Information Systems Management or Statistics is preferred
- A working knowledge of database analytics tools (SQL, MySQL, Tableau, SAS and computer networking (Web Services, SOAP, XML).
- Nice to have moderate to advanced Excel/PPT, SQL/R/Python for large file querying/analysis/manipulation
- Highly capable of handling challenging file manipulation, auditing and data integration
- Detail-oriented with ability to produce client-facing deliverables in tight deadlines
- Flexibility, quick thinker/learner, communication, tenacity, collaboration, judgment and leadership skills
- Ability to travel between 20% to 50% of the time