WELCOME TO SONEPAR USA - POWERED BY DIFFERENCE
ABOUT SONEPAR USA
Sonepar USA is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in the business-to-business distribution of electrical, industrial and safety products and related solutions. We are the world's largest privately held electrical distributor. In the USA, we are represented by 15 locally managed electrical and industrial distributors and have over 700 locations with coverage in all 50 states.
OWN YOUR EXPERTISE, AND YOUR FUTURE
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
NETWORK ENGINEER II
The Network Engineer II is directly responsible for the Sonepar network infrastructure in monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and resolving issues with data circuits, wireless networks, and branch locations. In this role, you’ll need knowledge of auxiliary network support functions including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, and network management tools. The position requires inclusion in a rotating 24x7 on-call schedule, roughly seven weeks per year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintain Cisco/Meraki networking equipment and software
- Supporting Cisco designs and solutions for enterprise networks
- Knowledge of network management systems SolarWinds (NPM/NCM/NTA) / Cisco ISE/Prime
- Communicate, manage, and implement technical solutions on an enterprise scale
- Troubleshoot and support an Enterprise-class Cisco network
- Troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to end users
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 – 6 years of enterprise or large corporate networking experience with Cisco routers
- Hands-on familiarity with Cisco Internetworking Equipment and Software
- Experience supporting Cisco designs and solutions for large Enterprise Networks
- Familiarity with a wide range of WAN/LAN Network Topologies (Ethernet, WAN, and Wireless)
- Working knowledge of TELCO technologies (T-1, MPLS, Frame-relay, DIA, broadband, LTE)
- Level 1 knowledge of IP networking concepts (NAT, TCP/IP, Multicast, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting Routing Protocols (EIGRP/BGP)
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Layer 2 switching technologies (STP, VLANs, VPC, EtherChannel)
- Knowledge in configuring troubleshooting Routing Protocols (EIGRP/BGP)
- Working knowledge of IT security concepts
- Basic familiarity Cisco Firewalls, DMVPN, VPN Tunnels and customer integration concepts
- Working knowledge of TELCO technologies (T-1, T-3, SONET, MPLS, Frame-relay, ISDN, Pri/Bri)
- Experience with using network design documents and presentations (PowerPoint and Visio)
- Working knowledge of Windows/UNIX Operating Systems
- Excellent written and oral English communication and presentation skills
- Travel will be required throughout the U.S.in support of new and revised remote site implementations (10-15%)
- The ideal candidate will also come from a fast growth paced business with high I.T. expansion
- Large retail distribution or similar business background is a plus
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance.
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities.
CHECK OUT OUR BENEFITS:
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
SONEPAR IS AN M/F/DISABLED AND VET EEO/AA EMPLOYER
Business Unit: Sonepar