The Data Analyst – Data Governance will be able to apply their knowledge of master, reference, and transaction data to develop strategic and tactical business rules for managing data to ensure quality, completeness, and alignment with the Company business process and goals.
The ideal candidate thrives by a curiosity and passion for data and applying knowledge of data and testing protocols to ensure that Company has high quality, consistent information that can be leveraged in business decisions.
- Analyze complex data sets and use data analytics and SQL to develop in-depth knowledge of company data and measure quality of data.
- Define and execute test cases in the Oracle & HADOOP environments using SQL.
- Execute test cases on new or modified data sources, stores or processes.
- Act as an internal consulting resource for business partners and cross-functional projects in identifying, analyzing, mapping, and documenting data elements and assets that support the business needs.
- Perform in-depth, unstructured analysis on Company data stores and assets to understand their content, relationships, caveats, and quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define how the data stores and assets can be improved, combined, sunset, integrated, and/or leveraged to meet business needs.
- Perform root cause analysis on data errors and issues and identify source, process, or person generating the errors.
- Identify data exceptions that require stewardship and work with cross-functional teams to define procedures for resolving those errors.
- Create in-depth documentation on Company data stores, flows, and processes.
- Develop a close collaboration with technology partners to strengthen alignment between business data applications, implications and technical architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience working with end-users and key stakeholders in data analytics and quality
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to navigate large and complex data sets making insightful observations and identifying relevant patterns
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL as a power user
- Excellent communication skills with executives and other internal stakeholders, catering to various levels of analytical proficiency
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Intense curiosity and passion for data.
- Salesforce.com experience is preferred.
- Position can be onsite (San Antonio) or remote.