Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization.
We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the
country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to
protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to
advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with
thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage
the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive
change. We are here _because the earth needs a good lawyer._
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of
achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve
this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy
environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in
Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York,
Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure intern will work with the
IT department in a variety of IT related activities, including hardware
configuration and support, documentation, data governance,
cloud-implementation projects, training, and project management. The
intern will participate in meetings where he or she can build networking
skills, learn about new technologies, and recommend solutions. The
intern will also learn how a non-profit environmental organization
manages its IT infrastructure challenges, procedures, and policies. This
internship is based in Washington, DC.
- Carry out research on projects as agreed with the IT
- Help develop and update IT infrastructure documents and standard
- Contribute with ideas aimed at improving and streamlining
- Perform administrative tasks as requested (e.g., updating inventory,
coordinate recycling hardware).
- Help with equipment and server configuration as requested.
- Assist on troubleshooting network and infrastructure issues
- Participate in planning and implementation of multi-scale projects.
- Create and update documentation on technology for staff and IT team.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college/university program to apply
(Information Technology / Computer majors only).
- Full-time schedule is desired.
- Basic Knowledge of modern computer-networking technologies.
- Basic Knowledge of Windows, Office, and cloud technologies.
- Must reside in the DC metro area or be willing to relocate for the
duration of the internship.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Solid writing, organizational, and communication skills, as well as
willingness to work in a team environment.
A STIPEND WILL BE PROVIDED.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online
via the Jobvite system by the application deadline noted below.
Emailed or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
_INTERNSHIP DURATION: _ May through July
_APPLICATION DEADLINE:_ May 15th, 2018
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having
technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to
_Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and
excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of
perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an
inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an
equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices
that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided
with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or
any other factor that is not related to the position._