At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the
workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the
forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions
designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class,
cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning,
easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can
connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other.
Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s
modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For
more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK ON A HIGH PERFORMING TEAM USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES TO DEVELOP A LIBRARY THAT DRIVES OUR CORE CLOUD FUNCTIONALITY USED BY OUR NEXT GENERATION VIDEO COMMUNICATION PRODUCTS?
Lifesize is looking for an expert developer with a broad set of
experience to join the team which is architecting the shared middleware
that is used as the datastore and server communication layer in all of
our new clients: desktop, mobile, web, and custom endpoints.
As part of this team, you’ll be building the glue layer between our
client and server infrastructure. Working on this layer will require you
to become familiar with our entire backend and frontend architecture.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You’ll extend and maintain the Redux middleware library used by our
next generation applications.
engineers who are working to continuously improve the codebase.
- You’ll improve the overall build, packaging, automation, and
- You’ll engage and coordinate with other internal engineering teams
to complete complex product features.
- You’ll solve high priority customer issues and get fixes deployed
with a fast turnaround time.
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU’LL GET WORKING IN LIFESIZE ENGINEERING:
- Pick your preference of a Mac or PC environment, and we’ll get you
- Come to work in our convenient Barton Skyway location, which is
close enough to downtown and Zilker Park to have access to the best
- Be amazed at the programming flow time you’ll establish in our
non-open engineering floor plan, which includes a mix of private and
- Take time off when you need it with our unlimited vacation policy
and our flexible work schedule.
- Eat free breakfast tacos on Mondays and Wednesdays and enjoy a
catered lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Take a break in our fully stocked break rooms with all the snacks
and drinks you need.
- Recharge yourself in our free onsite yoga classes and gym.
6+ Years Software Development (both clients & servers)
1+ Years NodeJS
1+ Years React/Redux
IDEALLY, YOU WILL…
- Understand the redux pattern including where and how to apply it.
- Be an expert at working with websockets from a client or
- Be an expert at consuming REST services and dealing with
preprocessors, and unit testing frameworks like Jest.
- Be comfortable digging into server source code to help debug issues
while implementing the client middleware.
- Have experience designing and using databases for server and
- Collaborate with team members and mentor other team members when the
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, familiarity with test tools,
and a drive to quickly fix customer issues.
- Be adaptable to work between multiple projects and technologies
within a condensed time frame.
- Be comfortable working with Git in a continuous
- Offer constructive feedback during code reviews as well as
positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered
- Be capable of driving towards a goal independently with
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or
equivalent real world experience.
YOU’LL IMPRESS US EVEN MORE IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOME OF THESE:
- AWS (particularly Lambdas and DynamoDB)
- React Native (or similar mobile framework)
- Native Mobile (iOS or Android)
- Native Desktop (Windows or Mac)
- Experience building microservices
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age,
gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity,
veteran status, or disability.