Lifesize is a leading provider of high definition video
communication hardware systems as well as cloud video services Our
award winning solutions combine exceptional quality, well executed user
experience, and ease of administration to make video communications a
productive, mission critical tool for our customers.
Lifesize is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Communications
Services (server side) software development team in Austin. The team is
responsible for the development of services for Lifesize Cloud that
perform call signaling/routing, firewall traversal, multimedia
processing, and inter-op with standards compliant devices.
This position is in Austin, Texas.
- Help build our new software services to replace monolithic
components of existing architecture and greatly scale our capacity.
- Translate new product requirements to technology choices,
architecture, design and server-side implementation needed to
provide the solution.
- Working with developers, designers, testers, and product managers in
a collaborative agile environment to deliver product enhancements on
an ongoing basis to live deployment.
- Solving high priority customer issues and getting the fixes deployed
within a quick turnaround time.
- 5+ years work experience, with 3+ years developing server-side
applications on Linux.
- 2+ years experience with VoIP protocols such as H.323 / SIP.
- 2+ years programming experience with Python.
- 1+ years developing and deploying low-latency, scalable, and highly
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL:
- Have worked on development of a VoIP cloud service or server product
that was deployed in the field.
- Have hands-on experience developing applications using
Python. Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python is
- Have good understanding of VoIP session setup and teardown using SIP
- Have strong knowledge of cloud architectures.
- Have experience developing services deployed on AWS that utilize one
or more of the following: DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Redis.
- Document design and implementation details and be comfortable
explaining them to other engineers.
- Write readable code with unit test coverage.
- Work with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and familiarity with test
tools including network analyzers & load injectors.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects
outside of their core strengths.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain
technical issues to any non-technical co-workers.
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management
Information Systems, related field or equivalent real
A STANDOUT CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE
- WebRTC signaling support on server products
- Inter-operability with Microsoft Skype for Business
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age,
gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity,
veteran status, or disability.