PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The mission of the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) team at mPulse is to uncover insights from data in order to help drive better patient engagement and health outcomes. We are looking at everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
This requires a multidisciplinary blend of data science, behavioral science, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets. The Data Engineer will help build a research-based and data-driven approach to optimize mobile customer engagement. This role will focus on deep diving into a broad variety of exploratory initiatives to improve segmentation, tailoring and personalization of mobile engagement. *This will be a remote position with options to work in the CA or MN office. BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES: - Customer Focused - Attention to Detail - Independent Self-Starter - Highly Organized - Critical Thinker - Problem Solver - Excellent Communicator - Ability to Prioritize - Team Work & Collaboration - Multi-Tasker with Strong Sense of Urgency
BENEFITS Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, 401K, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, Health Spending Account (HSA), Flex Spending Account (FSA), Flexible work schedule, Paid holidays, Phone/Internet Stipend, Paid time off, Employee Referral Program, Community service programs CULTURE - Enjoy Flexible PTO and flexible work hours - Full Vision, Dental and Healthcare - all individual premiums paid by mPulse! - 401K Program with a 4% match - 3 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave - Weekly team lunches to celebrate victories - Paid Parking as well as Car Pooling incentives - Laptop fitness stations - Ping pong conference table and Foosball
RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Working with the data science and data analytics team to refine and develop data science and analytics (DSA) product roadmap - Support Redshift cluster management including monitoring, performance tuning, and optimization - Create ELT – data transformations and monitor nightly loads - Responsible for data loads and data extracts via Airflow DAG and python code - Understanding and applying data mining techniques, including NLP, clustering algorithms and regression analysis to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- 2-5 years of experience mentoring data analysts (corporate)
- 2-5 years of experience in Airflow DAG creation, debugging and maintenance - 2-5 years of experience in PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch - 2-5 years of experience in Redshift administration and management - Strong background and solid skills in interactive data visualization (Tableau, Django, Shiny, D3.js) - Experience in research methods, exploratory data analysis, and machine learning
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning - Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
- US Citizenship
- 4 year BS/ BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field
- 5 years of direct experience as a data engineer or working directing in data engineering / data science.
- 2-5 years of experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, sciKit-learn), SQL and R
REQUIREMENTS US Citizen 5 years of direct experience as a data engineer or working directing in data engineering / data science. 2-5 years of experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, sciKit-learn), SQL and R 2-5 years of experience in Airflow DAG creation, debugging and maintenance 2-5 years of experience in PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch 2-5 years of experience in Redshift administration and management Strong background and solid skills in interactive data visualization (Tableau, Django, Shiny, D3.js) Experience in research methods, exploratory data analysis, and machine learning 4 year BS/ BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field Knowledge in: Airflow DAG Knowledge in: PostgresSQL Knowledge in: Tableau Knowledge in: Django Knowledge in: Shiny Knowledge in: Redhift EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Requisition #ckjn5i40h02o40is6jwncgnjb