PALO ALTO NETWORKS® is the fastest-growing security company in history.
We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches
and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated,
intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for
BUSINESS VALUE SERVICES is a strategic team that is geographically
aligned within the Palo Alto Networks Sales organization and supports
opportunity pursuits within our top accounts and vertical industries. We
interact with customers to determine budgeting process, accounting
policies, and customers operational, technical and financial
constraints. We understand the how and help establish the why.
As an integral part of the pursuit team, you will collaborate in
developing account penetration strategies with Regional Vice Presidents,
Global Account Managers, and Account Executives. The candidate will
position and perform Economic Feasibility Assessments to determine the
economic impact of our products and services. Informed with this
assessment, the candidate will prepare proposals for Chief Executive
Officers, General Managers, and CISO’s of the Fortune 1000.
The candidate will develop business cases that communicate value
realization for Boards of Directors and Chief Financial Officers to
review and approve in response to capital appropriation requests for
transformational investments in our platform based security
The candidate will need to demonstrate a comfort level acting as a
financial advisor, market researcher, sales strategist and cyber
security analyst depending upon the specific account situation.
Candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in communicating with
business, operational and technology audiences. The candidate will
strive to innovate work deliverables and to bring new business insights
to the table.
Business Value Services is seeking bright, creative, entrepreneurial,
and highly motivated business value managers to join the Palo Alto
- Share knowledge and insights with sales leadership to help manage
the deal and prepare for negotiations.
- Drive a higher volume of large deal transactions to increase
penetration in the Fortune 1000.
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery sessions to identify and
prioritize key business value drivers.
- Participate in Executive Briefings and host customer facing
- Develop and deliver thought provoking executive level business cases
that accelerate and expand opportunities and establish long-term
- Customize and maintain sound financial models that use Excel and
other SasS based modeling tools to justify strategic
- Act as a business value subject matter expert in account planning
sessions and quarterly business reviews.
- Work closely with Palo Alto Networks sales operations and deals desk
and to maintain business model (maximizing revenue and margins) and
insuring that we meet compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain Business Value Frameworks that can be used by a
broader sales audience.
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor status with customers and
- Excellent situational awareness in handling negotiations in dynamic
- Results-oriented strategic thinker that helps customers “take the
journey from status quo to
- Familiarity with Challenger Selling methodologies.
Excellent executive presentation skills that successfully
communicate the business value of our next generation security to
- Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and
quantitative business cases.
- Deep financial analysis and modeling of TCO concepts to justify IT
- Curiosity to investigate business processes and evaluate new
business and IT consumption models.
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, business analysis, or
management consulting roles.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook
- College degree in business management, economics, finance, computer
science or journalism preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Cyber Security Technologies.
- Position requires travel.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts