PALO ALTO NETWORKS® is the fastest-growing security company in history.
We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches
and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated,
intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important
member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security
challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo
Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must
ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your
sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help
them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely
enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform
so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile
- Understand and effectively present Palo Alto Networks security
platform and solutions.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks
products and solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical
presales activities to opportunity closure.
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts.
- Effectively enable and leverage channel partners and work
successfully in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers, and manage the
evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive
technologies and solutions.
- Understand and be prepared to assist customers through the support
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current
- Participate in technical communities of interest.
EXPECTATIONS: (magic quadrant skills requirements are here)
- Technical competence:Understands most Palo Alto Networks products,
with a focus on NGFW and some competitive technologies; Continuous
- Agenda setting: Effectively articulates the Palo Alto Networks value
proposition and vision for network security; Effective in
identifying problems in customer environments and positioning Palo
Alto Networks solutions; Effectively engages customers at technical
field and technical management levels.
- Professional skills:Effective in customer facing engagement, and in
writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused
on continued development and experience.
- Attitude:Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated;
consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a
“whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
- Teamwork:Works productively with the immediate team and channel
partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other
members of the extended team.
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required,
and international travel may be required as necessary.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network
infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited
to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Candidates should have practical experience working with routing and
switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills,
both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex
multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick
resolution, often under duress.
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and
administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based
systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching
architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and
BGP, L4 Load-balancing ).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshooting
network infrastructure security products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud
infrastructure and technology.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern network threats
- Experience with, or knowledge of, network forensics and
- Experience with, or knowledge of, automation and orchestration tools
- Relevant Palo Alto Networks certification – eg PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc.
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks HERE and check out our FAST FACTS