redIQ is an exciting technology and big data startup that is revolutionizing how property transaction data is captured and analyzed in a $1.4 trillion segment of the commercial real estate industry. We are passionate about empowering the next generation of CRE professionals to close better deals more quickly and more confidently.
We are growing rapidly and need top talent to help catapult us to the next level! The company is currently hiring for an ambitious, passionate UNDERWRITING ANALYTICS INTERN who has long-term aspirations to grow with firm. This role provides an exciting opportunity to get in at the early stage of a fast growing, well-funded industry leader.
The company is seeking a someone who shares our love of technology and belief that it can improve the industry. The role has a strong focus on quantitative analysis and financial modeling matched with practical business application. The successful candidate has advanced Excel modeling skills along with experience building real estate cash flow projections, which will enable him/her to build and maintain the complex model templates underlying redIQ.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated commercial real estate underwriting models
- Interact with our data science, product, and sales team to create new and innovative performance bench-marking and analytics solutions for our clients
- Interact with clients, walk them through how to underwrite deals using our model, understand their needs, and be able to talk intelligently about underwriting multifamily properties
- Design and execute comprehensive testing of new model functionality prior to its release
- 2+ years experience in real estate acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management or investment banking
- 4 year degree from a top tier university (Finance, Real Estate or STEM Major preferred)
- Currently enrolled in a master's program in real estate development or MBA
- Strong understanding of real estate finance and statistical modeling
- Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, with experience with VBA and complex formulas
- Ability to think commercially about the needs of different client groups, including acquisitions & investment sales teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience
- Beautiful, open-feel office across from Grand Central Terminal