SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out
exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are
not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this
possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SINKER EDM MACHINIST (1ST SHIFT)
- The Sinker EDM Machinist’s role is to serve as an integral member of
SpaceX’s EDM Machine Shop team in Placentia, CA. The candidate will
be tasked with programming, setting up and/or running their own
parts on a Sinker EDM. Must be proficient at all tasks.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience programming, setting up and/or
running work orders on a Sinker EDM machine
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Programming experience with Esprit
- Wire EDM experience
- Proficiency in programming work orders from start to finish in
- Experience running lathe machines
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to lift a minimum of 40lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods (8 hours minimum)
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle,
control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and
noise levels that are distracting
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will
not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender,
national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan
for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should
notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.