SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out
exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are
not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this
possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Simulating/modeling RF front-end systems, working with System
Architects, Modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions
between HW and SW domains.
- Deriving RF HW specifications for the RF system and RF blocks.
- Develop RF/Microwave circuits, components and MMICs.
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes and RF components.
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance.
- Lead the development of automated test equipment for
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 8+ years of work experience.
- 5+ years of experience using Agilent ADS, Genesys, HFSS or AWR
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science or PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis in
RF/Microwave integrated circuits design.
- Understanding of RF passive components such as hybrid couplers,
Wilkinson dividers, waveguide, circulators, and
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single
and multi carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK
- 5+ years of experience in analysis and simulation of both linear and
non-linear circuits such as phased-locked loops, vector
modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, multipliers,
synthesizers, low noise and/or power amplifiers.
- Python and/or Labview programming experience for test automation.
- RF/microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band, and Ka-band
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum
analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator,
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling
and analyzing RF systems.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will
not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender,
national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan
for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should
notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.