SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out
exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are
not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this
possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MODEM FIRMWARE ENGINEER
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain software on both existing and
next-generation satellite modems.
- Collaborate with Modem ASIC and Networking teams to deliver the best
performing modem into our satellite and consumer terminal products
- Assist in lab PCB bring-up and low-level board testing / debugging.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer
science, or computer engineering
- 5+ years of direct expertise in C/C++ programming, and shell
scripting such as Perl, Awk, Sed, bash.
- 2+ years of experience with Real Time Operating systems such as
VxWorks or RTLinux.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer
science, or computer engineering.
- Experience working with Git version control.
- Experience with source code management, unit test, code review, and
issue tracking systems.
- Experience with ARM Cortex family of microprocessors.
- Experience with low-power microprocessors.
- Experience with TCP/IP, 802.11, or Bluetooth
- Experience with real-time audio/video streaming or compression.
- Experience with low-level debugging tools (e.g. logic analyzers,
oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers).
- Experience with high-level real-time system design concepts, such as
state machines and multi-threaded processing.
- Hands on experience configuring, trouble-shooting, and optimizing
embedded C code.
- Experience with multiple types of industry standard I/O and
communications interfaces, e.g. CAN, LIN and Ethernet
- Passion for product excellence and quality.
- Experience with Python and Matlab
- Understands calibration of wireless transceivers
- Understands basic Wireless communication and software configuration
of modulators and demodulators
- Knows the fundamentals of an OSI 7 layer stack
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will
not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender,
national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan
for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should
notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.