Suffolk University, located in historic downtown Boston, with an
international campus in Madrid, is a student-centered institution
distinguished by excellence in education and scholarship. Suffolk
University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in
more than 90 areas of study. Its mission is to empower graduates to be
successful locally, regionally and globally.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to
provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive
learning environment allowing them to acclimate to life on a US
university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since
2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in
the US, United Kingdom and Asia, including Oregon State University,
University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall
University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis
University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State
University, Suffolk University and Illinois State University.
This position reports directly to the Director of Student Experience at
INTO Suffolk University.
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Suffolk
University Center. The responsibilities of this position may change and
develop over time, but will generally include the following:
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT 40%
- Develop and oversee programs and activities that align with INTO
Suffolk University learning outcomes, using strategic campus and
community partnerships where possible.
- Ensure involvement of INTO Suffolk University students by working
closely with the Suffolk International Progra-ms- International
Center and the International Student Council.
- Responsible for risk management and liability issues and student
welfare on trips.
- Deliver welcome receptions and end-of-term celebrations; arrange
staff and volunteer attendance at social events.
- Manage activities budget, maintain profit margin for
- Create flyers, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, etc. as needed
to promote Student Services events or programs.
ORIENTATION & ARRIVALS 20%
- Coordinate, organize and implement new international
student orientation. Work with New Student Orientation, Graduate
School, International Programs, academic services, enrolment,
registrar and finance teams regarding testing, advising, and
registration of students.
- Coordinate student arrivals. Meet students at Boston Logan
- Collaborate with Mar/Com Coordinator to generate marketing content
from social activities and trips such as photos, videos, student
quotes, descriptions of student services, etc. as needed.
- Serve on campus committees that pertain to student safety, success
WELCOME DESK 20%
- Provide greeting, information, and referral services for students
and visitors to the INTO Suffolk University Center.
- Other office duties including answering phones, filing, copying,
preparing documents, and other tasks and projects as requested.
- Manage INTO email account. Provide timely answers to email queries
and forward to appropriate staff where necessary.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 20%
- Coordinate health insurance process for INTO Suffolk students by
liaising with representatives at University Health Partnerships,
communicating key information to students, and answering
- Assist with the housing process by communicating information to
students and advising students with housing queries.
- Hold the INTO Suffolk University Emergency Phone on a rotation basis
with other staff.
- Other Duties As Assigned
This position is based at Suffolk University in Boston, MA.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Strong intercultural communication skills and experience working in
a diverse environment with non-native English speakers
- Previous experience living or working abroad
- Experience working in international education or in student services
within higher education preferred
- Experience with student programming, advising and orientation
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and refine systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computers skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and
- Competent IT skills relative to management and analysis of data
- Evening and weekend work is required
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
This is a full-time position with a rate of $20.18 to $23.07 per hour
DOE, plus a competitive benefit package.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to
submit your cover letter and resume:
POSTING CLOSES MAY 28, 2018
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities.