The Impact Engineering Team at Vulcan is seeking an innovative,
results-oriented Technical Writer. Working with a unique and talented
team, you’ll help to develop Wildlife Conservation technologies. You
should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain
environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while
demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
If you are the person destined for this position, you have deep
experience with formal publications development for technical
applications, processes, and fielded products. Additionally, you will
have an understanding of technical systems and their development, with a
particular emphasis on aviation/aerospace.
Essential duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
Technical Writing (80%)
- Collect, consolidate, and articulate technical product user manuals,
checklists, and training documentation in support of formal product
- Plan documentation releases in accordance with published deadlines
and guidance of project leadership.
- Develop clear and concise information transfer methods capable of
capturing accurate content with a low degree of impact to content
- Organize and host formal document peer review cycles with clear
publication approval criteria.
- To produce a risk mitigation plan or troubleshooting guide for both
software and hardware
- To develop maintenance and test procedures manuals
- Case studies
Document Management (20%)
- Establish a document development architecture capable of expediting
requirements definition, content drafting, draft reviews, draft
revisions, and final release of technical content.
- Establish and manage document library used to develop, release, and
track publication versions.
- Identify and manage potential vendors for use in producing printed
publication products under the schedule and budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or communications.
Advanced experience in system development, aviation operations, or
unmanned systems can be used in lieu of education.
- Experience developing documentation in support of highly technical
- High degree of proficiency in document development tools similar to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex
- Pilot qualifications (manned or unmanned)
- Technical writing experience for aviation/aerospace applications.
- Experience working with electromechanical systems in a
- Experience with drone/UAS system development.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment, If Applicable
- Travel estimated to be 10%
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our
company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply without
regard to race, age, gender, religion, disability, LGBTQ status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not
tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’
and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment,
hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation,
benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process,
please contact Human Resources at JOBS@VULCAN.COM or your recruiter.