The Business Applications Analyst plays a key role in bridging the needs
of the business groups with the technical capabilities of the team and
systems. They analyze complex business problems to be solved with
automated systems and provide functional and technical expertise in
identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet
user requirements. The core systems of support for the Analyst comprise
the Vulcan Financials ERP environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Work directly with business users and technical staff providing
functional and technical support for existing Financials ERP
environment, including Treasury, General Ledger, Accounts Payable,
Purchasing, Projects, Asset Management and Payroll Interface.
- Support tasks including but not limited to system configuration,
ongoing maintenance, issue resolution, quality assurance and
testing, interfaces, and reporting.
- Perform business analysis tasks for project initiatives including
compiling and analyzing data, proposing solutions, defining and
documenting specifications to meet business requirements, helping to
design future business processes, performing fit/gap analysis,
process re-engineering, testing, and assisting in
- Provide training and consultation to system users.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot software bugs, customizations,
invalid configurations, reports, and interfaces utilizing delivered
application tools or other tools as determined.
- Understand the project lifecycle, how to identify issues and propose
reasonable solutions, and the context in which the project falls
within the group and overall organization.
- Lead cross-functional teams and act as project manager on smaller
efforts to address business or system issues. Teams may include
internal or external resources
- Perform system configuration activities to support business process
changes and organizational realignments to maximize productivity of
- Develop reports for supported applications and various user groups
utilizing delivered application tools and other reporting tools.
- Responsible for understanding and developing system documentation
covering items such as customizations, interfaces, reports, and end
user training materials.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment
- Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Must have excellent communication skills due to extensive
interaction with end users, business management and other support
and service areas.
- Knowledge of both functional and technical aspects of the system is
required (roughly 70/30 functional to technical).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycles,
development processes, and quality assurance roles within a project
- Ability to work in changing environment and work under tight
- Ability to operate with little instruction on day to day work and
general instructions on new assignments.
- Creative problem solving skills. Ability to think “out of the box”
and apply nontraditional solutions to challenging issues.
- Manage internal customer relationships and set expectations, while
managing risk and scope creep.
REQUIRED COMPUTER SKILLS (SELECT APPROPRIATE SOFTWARE)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Oracle Cloud
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and
five+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of ERP systems experience preferably Oracle Cloud
ERP or PeopleSoft Financials (GL, AM, PO, AM, Projects) on SQL
Server/Microsoft environment. Experience with HRMS a plus.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUESTED
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, test plans and scripts, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment;
extreme professionalism and communication skills; ability to
prioritize tasks and work independently; strong organizational and
interpersonal communication skills; and experience interacting with
senior level management.
- Experience creating and documenting work processes and procedures.