The holiday season always gets us into the spirit of giving. At the same time, being home for the holidays often means relatives nagging you about when you’re going to be GETTING something: a job or internship.
We think we can help. We compiled a list of 5 internship opportunities at nonprofits hiring students and grads right now. Working for one of these companies will keep the spirit of giving alive all year long.
Don’t wait, check out these incredible companies today:
1. Open Learning Exchange (OLE) is hiring a software engineering intern who can work remotely! This nonprofit is committed to ensuring that everyone is a learner, especially those living in the most impoverished, violence-riven parts of the world. They use innovative technologies to provide access to quality, personalized learning materials to thousands of people in need.
2. Love to bike? OnePulse is a nonprofit with the mission of uniting charities and communities through the power of biking. Their goal is to build a global community where charities share each other’s resources—and they’re hiring a communications intern to spread the word!
3. The Childhood Cancer Society (CCS) is hiring an intern to help with social media and design needs! CCS is an amazing organization that provides funds for medical care, accommodations, and travel expenses to make it possible for families in need to obtain the necessary care for their children and to be with them when out of town hospitalization and treatment is required.
4. If you love making videos, check out this NYC internship at Women’s Entrepreneurship Day. Their mission is to alleviate poverty by empowering, celebrating, and supporting women in business worldwide. As a production intern, you’ll have the opportunity to produce original video content as well as attend high profile women’s, entertainment, and social events like award shows, press conferences, and more.
5. 826 National, an organization dedicated to helping young students improve their creative writing skills, is hiring a research intern in San Francisco. Founded in 2002 by internationally acclaimed author Dave Eggers, 826 National has seven tutoring centers in different cities across the nation. If you’re someone who’s comfortable analyzing data and writing reports, this internship is a perfect fit.
Want to find other nonprofit job and internship opportunities? Head over to WayUp to apply.