Student Runs Hottest Instagram at Penn State, PSU Eats

Senior year can be a hectic time, but that hasn’t stopped this full-time student from managing the hottest (and most delicious-looking!) Instagram at Penn State, PSU Eats. While she has asked to be anonymous for the purposes of this interview, she gave us some important insights into how she engages and interacts with over 7,000 followers, all while handling the exciting demands of her last year in college.

Tell us about you! What are you studying at Penn State?

I am a Senior at Penn State majoring in Biobehavioral health looking to go to graduate school and become a Physician Assistant. I am in a sorority at Penn State and extremely involved with “THON,” Penn State’s Dance Marathon which I will be dancing in this year!

Tell us how you first got into social media.

I’ve always been a big fan of photography, but with my major, I was not able to take classes or get involved in clubs that would allow me to express my creative side–so I had to turn to social media to do so. There was no account at Penn State like the one I created, and I just knew Penn Staters love food and that this account would be successful.

What are your biggest concerns when you are posting on social media?

I don’t really have concerns with posting pictures. If it’s not a great picture then it won’t get as many likes as others, but I can just post a new and better one a few hours later to make up for it.

What is your favorite post that you’ve ever done?

I don’t have one specific picture that is my favorite, but the pictures that are able to incorporate the Penn State culture are the ones that get the most love from my followers — those are definitely my favorites. These pictures include Penn State Creamery ice cream on graduation day last year, or a picture of a Beaver Stadium Chicken Basket at our last home game of the season this year.

What has been the coolest experience you’ve had through your site?

Some of the coolest things I have experienced since starting this account have involved being able to team up with companies to give out free food or prizes–like WayUp, who is helping me raise money for THON. Other cool experiences are hearing people I don’t know talk about the recent picture I just posted and seeing how it has become known to people throughout campus.

What advice would you give students who are looking to pursue social media as a career?

You will definitely have to be creative and think of ideas that have not been done before. Pay attention to your audience and learn what they like. For example, I am a vegetarian but have learned that pictures of hamburgers, wings, bacon, and chicken baskets are some of the most successful pictures on the account, so I continue to post them to please my followers.

Kema Christian-Taylor

This is the "wpengine" admin user that our staff uses to gain access to your admin area to provide support and troubleshooting. It can only be accessed by a button in our secure log that auto generates a password and dumps that password after the staff member has logged in. We have taken extreme measures to ensure that our own user is not going to be misused to harm any of our clients sites.

Published by
Kema Christian-Taylor

Recent Posts

Want a Career that Matters? Discover Tata Consultancy Services and its Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has…

2 weeks ago

How ‘Early Careers’ at Tata Consultancy Services Prepares You for a Career with Impact

Taking a leap and joining an internship can come with many unknowns – Will I…

2 weeks ago

From interns to analysts with Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program

Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program (AIP) is the launchpad for a satisfying career in business…

2 weeks ago

Help Change the World by Interning at Arup

If you have not heard of Arup, you have likely seen their firm’s work firsthand…

3 months ago

Want a Career with Impact? Work at the American Heart Association

When looking to start your career, you consider the type of work involved, but do…

4 months ago

Learn How The Estée Lauder Companies Champions Diversity & Career Advancement in the Beauty Industry

Like many industries, the beauty industry has grown to be one of the fastest evolving…

4 months ago