WayUp is thrilled to announce our Intern 100 list for 2019. The list highlights the most ambitious, passionate, and talented interns in the country, and this year we had more than 1,500 interns apply and more than 39,000 public votes cast! While there were an incredible amount of great candidates, only one could be named Intern of the Year. And the winner is…Kiara Nelson! In honor of her being named the top intern of 2019, Kiara will receive a $1,000 digital code for Chegg products and services.
So, what makes Kiara, a soon-to-be senior at North Carolina A&T State University, so special? She was as an Online Support Intern for Lowe’s Home Improvement. During her time there, she was tasked with creating a more productive process for changing critical information on Lowes.com for weather-related emergencies; identifying feedback trends from Lowes.com customers; and assisting with asset creation for both the online support team and corporate communications department. Hard work like that is definitely going to get her more friends, which can help her add to the more than 6,000 YouTube subscribers her channel has!
But she’s not alone in accomplishing great things in her internship. Here are the rest of the top 10 interns, and some fun facts about them:
2. Dwayne Mattushik (Senior, Jacksonville University), Intern At Columbia Bank – Dwayne is an avid shark diver, and he’s already gone scuba diving in places like Punta Cana and the Bahamas. Impressive!
3. Baylee Snyder (Senior, Midland University), Intern At Stryker – Baylee volunteers with several organizations like the American Red Cross and JDRF International. Keep making the world a better place, Baylee!
4. Meredith Duffy (Junior, George Washington University), Intern At Educate Maine – Meredith currently is majoring in communications while working on a double minor in journalism and American studies. Stay ambitious, Meredith!
5. Vinny Aloi (Graduate, Utica College), Intern At Charles Schwab – Vinny, who’s slated to graduate this month, broke his nose four times in three years. Ouch!
6. Tyler Arden (Senior, University of San Diego), Intern At BlackRock – Tyler has visited Disneyland more than 40 times. Say hi to Mickey and Minnie for us next time, Tyler!
7. James Arcenas (Senior, Saint Joseph’s University), Intern At Nasdaq – James is a yoyoer. With his ambition, we know he won’t have an up-and-down career.
8. Tyler Bayless-Edwards (Senior, East Carolina University), Intern At KPMG – Tyler, despite missing part of his spine, grew up playing multiple sports. Now that’s overcoming a major obstacle!
9. Shantavia Craigg (Junior, Northeastern University), Intern At Amazon – Shantavia studied abroad in Cuba, where she focused on Cuban culture and photography. We’d love to see those pictures, Shantavia!
10. Ellisa Brown (Master’s, John Hopkins University), Intern At Bloomberg LP – Ellisa’s name is an anagram. The letters can be rearranged to spell “Ella is,” in honor of her great-grandmother Ella. Pretty cool!
For their accomplishment, these nine interns are awarded a Chegg “swap pack” and a $200 digital code to Chegg products and services—the equivalent to a one-year subscription to Chegg Study®.