Intern needed for a community-based organization for people of color providing actionable strategies to counter the political and economic effects of systemic oppression. We work with at the intersection of entertainment and social change and have cultivated a group of influencers to work with us on our second annual event, supporting minority-owned small businesses in Brooklyn and Harlem.
Ideally this candidate would work a minimum of 3 days each week from 10:30 am - 6:30 pm in November 2017 - January 2018. Candidates must be proactive, willing to take initiative, organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Candidates need to be meticulous and driven.
- Assisting and supporting in all aspects of event production
- Providing administrative support & maintain databases with vendor and sponsors
- Help maintain digital files of photos, videos, and text content (e.g. for blog and social media)
- Assist with media cultivation and story placements
- Assist with audio/video content development and distribution
- Provide support for special communications projects
- Maintain a press contacts database and manage distribution of press materials
- Help draft press releases and other communications vehicles as needed
- Track media placements in print, television, radio, and web outlets
- Monitor and reply on all platforms and questions from our followers. Respond to comments in an appropriate manner to add value to the community member's experience in a way that fosters a closer, positive relationship with the brand.
- Create Instagram stories - Think outside the box.
- Research and identify key influencers, reach out to influencers and build favorable relationships with them.
- Create an current analysis and reports on a weekly basis based off our platforms. (SWOT and etc.)
- Coordinate with the photographer on social media images.
- Schedule the calendar for events, national holidays, and images for social media.
- Coordinate content and audience communications to ensure community strategy aligns with current objectives, timelines, and overall brand goals.
- Create newsletters and email marketing materials.
- Create and maintain content editorial calendars.
- Research, compile and maintain media lists.
- Develop press materials including releases, backgrounders, pitch letters and media alerts.
- Engage with the media, assist in pitching and securing media contacts (magazines, newspapers, television and internet) as needed to secure stories, features and interviews.
- Event integration and activations.
- Be able to analyze past social media performance and set realistic projections/goals.