Under the support and direction of the School Age Teacher assist in the operations of an assigned classroom to ensure Hot Spots Extended Care Program mission, vision and values are upheld, and children are provided with a developmentally age appropriate learning environment.
- Regularly communicates with the School Age Teacher, Assistant Director, and Program Director to gain feedback on performance and skills.
- Pursues continuous learning and self-development.
- Supports the accountability culture and maintains it by peer leadership
- Presents a positive and professional image at all times adhering to uniform requirements.
- Reaches out to peers, leaders and other role models for direction on higher education.
- Attends all team meetings, training, and events as requested; limits unscheduled absences.
- Communicates effectively with parents, e.g., greeting by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback, and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings.
- Assists in maintaining attractive and current classroom displays
- Provides a welcoming and friendly classroom environment for all children, parents, visitors and the school community.
- Ensures that appearance and cleanliness of the classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Assists in managing classroom ensuring compliance with all OCC regulations, company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in creating and implementing thorough, timely lesson plans that are age appropriate and stimulating in accordance with weekly themes and HSECP curriculum.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding families, co-workers, and self.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques.
- Assists in completing all classroom paperwork, e.g., Daily Reports, accident reports, attendance records.
- Identifies opportunities and/or problems in the classroom and works with the School Age Teacher, Assistant Director and Program Director to resolve.
- Maintains certification requirements (Six Continuing Education Credits per year).
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, and reaching, lifting and carrying; ability to lift 50 pounds.