The Transformation Change Manager will be assigned to work with project teams to develop effective Change and Communications plans that drive adoption of new processes and technologies. The individual will manage the development of Change activities to engage stakeholders in the vision of the future state and prepare teams with the necessary skills and experience to operate in the new environment.
The position requires an individual comfortable with working with senior leaders on messaging change while also working with front line associates to adopt new skills, capabilities and behaviors. The suite of Transformation projects within the UPS portfolio cuts across Operations and functional disciplines (HR, Finance and Procurement); therefore, someone experienced in all of these disciplines is an ideal candidate. The Change Manager will consult and provide coaching and oversight to key stakeholders and at other times may be required to execute change activities alongside the project manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Rolls out UPS Enterprise Change Management methodology, tools and templates and ensures other Change activities underway follows the approach
- Seeks to incorporate industry best practices and leading edge change practices as needed; applies key change frameworks through different individual and group exercises, workshops and other interventions; assess change impact
- Partners with Transformation Office Partners, Transformation Leads and other key stakeholders during all phases of projects to provide expert coaching on Tools and execution of change activities
- Oversees Change methodology, frameworks, and best practices
- Champions utilization of Change management disciplines to ensure smooth launches of process and technology changes
- Incorporates Change activities with teams following PMI project management techniques along with Agile project management techniques
- Collaborates with Communications teams on effective strategies and messaging
- Plans, executes, and monitors change management deliverables to ensure production deadlines are met and effective execution
- Develops Communications consistent with Transformation program goals and priorities
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development
- Assesses work climates to determine most effective method of delivering informative and educational change interventions that create positive results
- Uses knowledge of Persona Development and Customer Journey Mapping Techniques to understand needs of the customer’s being effected by process and technology changes